Entry & Exit Points:
- Thermal screening of visitors/staff is to be carried out at entry points. Only asymptomatic individuals shall be
allowed to enter the premises.
- Provisions for hand sanitization should be made available at all entry points and in work areas.
- Designated queue markers shall be made available for entry and exit of the audience from the auditorium and the
- The Exit should be done in a staggered row-wise manner to avoid crowding.
- Sufficient time interval between successive screenings on a single screen as well as on various screens in a
multiplex shall be provided to ensure row-wise staggered entry and exit of the audience.
- The occupancy of the cinemas shall not be more than 50% of their total seating capacity.
- Seats that are "Not to be occupied" shall be marked as such during booking
Physical Distancing Norms:
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots and outside the premises
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining physical distancing norms.
- Efforts to be made to avoid overcrowding in the common areas, lobbies and washrooms during the intermission.
- Audience may be encouraged to avoid movement during the intermission. Longer intermissions may be used to allow
audience seated in different rows of the auditorium to move in a staggered manner.
Staggered Show Timings at Multiplexes:
- Staggered show timings shall be followed for multiple screens to avoid crowding.
- The show commencement time, intermission period and finish time of a show at any screen shall not overlap with
the commencement time, intermission period or finish time of a show at any other screen in a multiplex.
Booking and Payments:
- Digital no-contact transactions should be the most preferred mode for issue/verification/payments for tickets,
food, and beverages, etc. by using online bookings, use of e-wallets, QR code scanners, etc.
- Contact number shall be taken at the time of booking of tickets to facilitate contact tracing.
- The purchase of tickets at the box office shall be open throughout the day and advance booking shall be allowed
to avoid crowding at the sale counters.
- Sufficient number of counters at the box office shall be opened with adequate physical distancing norms, to
prevent crowding during physical booking of tickets.
- Floor markers shall be used for physical distancing during queue management at the box office.
Sanitization of the Premises:
- Frequent sanitization of the entire premises, common facilities, and all points which come into human contact,
e.g. handles, railings, etc. shall be ensured.
- The cinemas/theatres/multiplexes auditorium shall be sanitized after every screening.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of the box office, food and beverage areas, employee and staff lockers,
toilets, public areas, and back office areas shall be ensured.
- Measures for the safety of sanitization staff such as adequate provisions for rational use of gloves, boots,
masks, PPE, etc. shall be undertaken.
- Disinfection of the premises to be taken up if any person is found positive.
Staff Related Measures:
- Wearing of face cover for staff is mandatory at all workplaces and adequate stock of such face covers should be
- All employees who are at higher risk, i.e., older employees, pregnant employees, employees who have underlying
medical conditions, to take extra precautions.
- With a view to ensure safety at the workplace, employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is
installed and updated by all employees their mobile phones.
- Communication and training of the staff on precautions related to COVID-19, respiratory hygiene, hand hygiene,
etc. shall be carried out.
- Self-monitoring of health by all employees/staff and reporting any illness at the earliest shall be ensured.
- Do's and Don'ts shall be communicated at prominent access points: Online sale points, digital tickets, public
areas like lobbies, washrooms, etc.
- Public Service Announcements on wearing mask, observing physical distancing and maintaining hand hygiene as well
as specific announcements on the precautions and measures to be followed within and outside the premises shall
be made before the screening, during intermission and at the end of the screening.
- Provisions must be made for display of Posters/standees/AV media on preventive measures about COVID-19
prominently outside and inside of the venues.
For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which, inter alia, emphasizes the
- Temperature Setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30℃.
- Relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%.
- Re-circulation of air to be avoided to the extent possible.
- Intake of fresh air should be as much as possible.
- Cross ventilation should be adequate.
Food and Beverage Area:
- Show timings in the cinema halls to be staggered to ensure that intervals of different shows do not occur
- Multiple sale counters in food and beverage area be made available wherever possible.
- Only packaged food and beverages shall be allowed.
- Delivery of food and beverage inside the hall/auditorium shall be prohibited.
- Management shall ensure observance of physical distancing and preventing crowds in the food and beverages area.
- Safe disposal of the food and beverage waste shall be ensured by the management of the premises.